Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-10, 17:31
Administrator

Default Ancestry LMA records help please!

Again... I've just found a baptism entry on FamilySearch Record Search's pilot site which looks as if it might just tie my whole Brown - Stearns - Carpenter - Cator thing together (on an old thread) and I would love to look at the original image to see what it says, but wouldn't you know it, I can't find it on ancestry! It doesn't help that I'm getting a bit overexcited about this, lol. It's St Leonard Shoreditch, but the only year shown for it in Browse for Borough = City of London is 1665-1666. Can anyone find 1751, pleeease?

The entry is Martha Cater born 27 Aug 1729, parents Jonah and Martha, christened 8 Nov 1751 St Leonard Shoreditch.

I'm thinking she must be the Martha Cator who married William Carpenter 19 Jul 1752 at St George Mayfair, Westminster (a "Fleet" marriage). I was hoping her parents would be Jonah and Martha, after I realised she couldn't be Jonah's wife Martha.

So, can anyone find the image, please?

(This is the old thread if you want to look at it, but the whole thing is a bit complicated! )
http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/Forum...ighlight=Cator

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry

Last edited by kiterunner; 04-10-10 at 19:25. Reason: wrong month