Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-10-17, 20:13

Default Searching for Charles Cook

Hello I'm new to this site and this is my first time posting so I hope I'm doing this right.
I'm trying to find more information on my 4th Great-Grandfather Charles Cook born between 1828-1830. The first Census I found him on was the 1850 Census living in Quincy,Franklin, Pennsylvania. In the 1860 Census he was Married to Martha Mary Gauger / Galger ( Found her last name spelled both ways) and they were living in Taylor, Blair, Pennsylvania. In the 1870 Census he was living in Moundville, Vernon, Missouri ( this census states he came from Saxony, Germany). 1880 and 1900 Census they were living in Somervell County, Texas. I have not been able to locate a marriage certificate (I have tried but told they may not have records). The last census I found him on was the 1900 I can't find a death certificate etc. So I don't know his exact year of death but do know it has to be after 1900's. I'm trying to find him before the 1850 census and when he passed, any ideas how I could find this information. Any information would greatly be appreciated.