Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-01-16, 13:20

Question George Hale & Dinah Moody - did they marry?

Hi all,

So far I've been unable to trace the marriage of George Hale (or Hayle) and Dinah Moody. I have them on census records between 1841 and 1901, and both seem to have died in the Mattingley area of Hampshire.

George's parents were Thomas and Martha, and there is a baptism entry for 7th January 1826 in Sherfield, Hampshire. This is before compulsory birth registration of course, and so I would put George's birth down as being Q4 1825. He died Q1 1901, age 75.

Dinah's parents were James and Mary, and there is a baptism entry for 24th January 1830 in Lockerley, Hampshire, so Dinah's birth is probably Q4 1829. Her census records give her place of birth as Nately Scures, Hampshire, and she died Q4 1895, age 66.

Can anyone find a marriage for them? I've tried variations of the names on FreeBMD and then checked the names of their partners on Ancestry, but I can't find anything that would be George Hale and Dinah Moody.