Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-15, 18:21

Question Doris Emma Trigg - when did she die?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find out when Doris Emma Trigg (née Hiron) died, as I am a bit confused about something but would ideally not want to have to spend money ordering any certificates.

Doris Emma Hiron was born in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol in 1907 and married William George Trigg in 1931. William died on 16/03/1937 and you can view his probate record here, which mentions his widow Doris as still being alive at that point.

My first thought was that this could be her death as the name and area are correct, though her age would be few years out. I suppose it must be a relative of William's.

However, as she is mentioned on her husband's probate record, I have ruled this out. I've not been able to find a record of (a second) marriage for a Doris E Trigg within the right sort of time frame; there is a Kent marriage in the 1950s, but it seems there was another Doris E Trigg born there in the 1920s and so I assume that is her.

All I can find is this. The date of birth is a year out, but the date could be correct.

Do we think that's her, minus the middle name/initial? Where else could she be? Have I missed something obvious? I can't find any children for William and Doris.

Thanks.