Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 12-10-14, 13:12

Default Warwickshire Baptism lookup, please

It's a bit of a long shot but I would very appreciative if someone could have a look for a Mary (Ann) Trimmell (or variations) c1793 for me.

I have a Mary Ann Trimmer who claims to have been born in Birmingham but the name doesn't seem to exist in Warwickshire. I've seen a thread elsewhere that suggests that Trimmell is more common there and I've found myself trying to say "Trimmell" with an excruciating Brummie accent to see if a London vicar might have heard Trimmer instead

Thanks
Old 12-10-14, 13:26

Looking at Family Search the Warwickshire name would appear to be Trimnell not Trimmell which would make it less likely. However there is a Mary Trimnel baptised 1790 in Coughton to a Joseph and Mary. My Mary's second son was named Joseph and I have often wondered if that was her father's name.

edit: It looks as though that Mary married in 1811 in Warwickshire so that discounts her.

I should have looked at Family Search before posting but if anyone has any ideas where I can go with this I'd be grateful.

Last edited by Sue from Southend; 12-10-14 at 13:33.