Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 25-11-12, 08:05

Default Ancestry probate records

I do get frustrated with the Probate Calendar sometimes.

I've been doing quite a lot of searching and when I find something interesting I click on the link and sometimes I get the wrong page.

For example, I'm trying to find a probate entry for Alfred Barber who might have died in 1930. I see something interesting, Alfred Barber died 29 Sep 1930, I click on it and get the page for the entry below, a George Alfred Barber. It's so annoying. You usually can get the right entry in the end by clicking on a different place.
Old 25-11-12, 08:20

I've now discovered the problem! On my screen the links seem to get out of sync. You have two links to click on - one "View Image" and one with the longer title.

My "view image" links have moved so the one for the first entry on a page is right at the top under all the information. So the second "view image" is with the first entry. I have to click on the link above, not the link next to the entry I'm reading. I'm not sure how to rectify this but at least I know now.