Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 13-04-12, 08:27

Default Another Pearman

This follows om from the thread about Robert Horne Pearman. I am looking for the family again for my new contact. Robert had a brother William Thomas Pearman born in Devizes in 1863, Parents William Pearman and Ann Horne. I have him living in Wiltshire with his mother until 1891. (In 1881 he is with his siblings and his parents seem to be on holiday in Weston super Mare).

However I loose him after that. Ancestry seem to be suggesting a possible death in New Westminster British Colombia in 1941 but I don't have a world wide subscription to see it. Also can any one see a national probate calandar entry for William Pearman senior about 1890 Wiltshire.
Old 13-04-12, 08:39
Administrator

There isn't much info on that Canadian death record, Anne - there is no image to view and it just gives date of death 24 Nov 1941, age 78. But ancestry does give some useful "Suggested records" next to it - William Thomas Pearman in the New York Passenger Lists 1820-1957 and in the Border Crossings from US to Canada 1908-1935. The NY Passenger Lists record shows he arrived in New York 7 Jul 1894 age 31 yrs 2 months, English, sailed from Southampton, and the Border Crossing record shows he arrived at Pacific Highway, British Columbia, 15 Nov 1934, age 71, born Devizes England.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update
Old 13-04-12, 13:03

Thanks very much Kite so that death is definitely him. I think I might have found a picture of him.http://archive.org/stream/nicknacksf...ge/n3/mode/2up Any sign of wife Elsie? Can you see what his occupation is in 1891. I can't read if he is a reverend. 1881 he is a printer's assistant. There is a William Pearman with wife Elsie living in Sparta Hancock Georgia on the 1930 U.S.A. census but the free viewing has ended. There seem to be lots of other Pearman's around. I wish they would stay put.

Last edited by anne fraser; 13-04-12 at 14:04.