PDA

View Full Version : 1939 Register -discount code

Margaret in Burton
05-11-15, 16:28
When I purchased credits for a 5 household bundle I wasn't given the opportunity to enter my 25% discount code. I emailed support at Find my Past and have just had a reply saying they are refunding £6.24 to my debit card.

If it happens to you, complain. It took a couple of days but they did say that they have been receiving a lot of emails.

I wonder how many others it happened to. I know Daphne said she didn't get hers.

ElizabethHerts
05-11-15, 17:52
I haven't even been offered a discount, and I have been a subscriber for years.

kiterunner
05-11-15, 18:15
Email them and ask for a discount code, Elizabeth.

Margaret in Burton
05-11-15, 18:22
Didn't you have to register an interest in the 1939 register and get regular emails to qualify for a discount?

kiterunner
05-11-15, 18:29
That was one way, Marg, and you were supposed to get a 10% discount for that. But all annual subscribers to FMP were also supposed to get a 25% discount (the two can't be used together on the same purchase.) I didn't get either of those and when I emailed FMP support they sent me codes.

Also, if you are signed up for the "Lost Cousins" newsletter you should have a 10% discount code in the latest one of those. And I believe that Genes Reunited subscribers are also supposed to have been sent a code, not sure what percentage it is for.

ElizabethHerts
05-11-15, 18:31
I contacted them today so it's a waiting game now.

kiterunner
05-11-15, 18:50
I should probably mention that if you splash out and buy the 15 household bundle, you can't use a discount code but the price per household works out more or less the same as if you buy the 5 household bundle with a 25% discount (the discount codes can only be used once each.)

JayG
05-11-15, 20:48
The GR code is 10%.

Durham Lady
05-11-15, 21:13
I got a refund too. I used the link, the code showed but the discount wasn't taken off so like you Marg I e-mailed them and had a reply 2 days later. I expected to wait a lot longer with the amount of complaints they seem to be getting.

kiterunner
06-11-15, 09:25
Elizabeth, if you have received a "Findmypast Fridays" email today, it should have a "reminder" of your discount code.

ElizabethHerts
06-11-15, 10:33
If says it's 10%. Is there a 25% one too?

kiterunner
06-11-15, 10:43
If you have an annual subscription, you should get a 25% discount code, Elizabeth, but not if you have a monthly one.

ElizabethHerts
06-11-15, 10:45
Yes, I have an annual subscription. I'll have to wait for them to reply.

ElizabethHerts
06-11-15, 14:51
Ihave now received my 25% discount code.

Kit
14-11-15, 07:59
Elizabeth, if you have received a "Findmypast Fridays" email today, it should have a "reminder" of your discount code.

I got my reminder yesterday too. I definitely did not receive a code prior to that. I can't say what discount they reminded me about though as I'm not going to buy.

They did say the discounts wont be around much longer.

ElizabethHerts
20-11-15, 07:41
Yesterday I had an e-mail from FMP informing me of a discount for the next 7 days:

"For one week only, you can unlock your family's household in the 1939 Register for just £3.99 with your exclusive code below (just for you lovely subscribers) - that’s over 40% off the usual price of £6.95.

Find out who was living in your house on the #eveofwar or discover the notable occupations of your relatives now. Plus see the Queen Mother's record for free below!"

kiterunner
20-11-15, 07:46
I'm pretty sure they posted the Queen Mother's record up before, didn't they?

My sub expired a few days ago so I don't count as a "lovely subscriber" any more. ;(:d But glad to hear they are giving some more discounts. I am guessing that only annual subscribers count as "lovely" just now?

Mary from Italy
20-11-15, 09:45
I've never received one of those e-mails, and although I wrote to query it a few days ago, they haven't replied (I have a 12-month world sub). I've never had an FMP Fridays e-mail either.

kiterunner
20-11-15, 10:00
Mary, have you checked on "My account - personal details" that you have the box ticked for "Please send me an occasional newsletter"?

Mary from Italy
20-11-15, 21:47
Ah, it was unticked, thanks :)

I'm a bit surprised they haven't replied, though - it's been 5 days since I e-mailed them.