PDA

View Full Version : Another Pearman

anne fraser
13-04-12, 08:27
This follows om from the thread about Robert Horne Pearman. I am looking for the family again for my new contact. Robert had a brother William Thomas Pearman born in Devizes in 1863, Parents William Pearman and Ann Horne. I have him living in Wiltshire with his mother until 1891. (In 1881 he is with his siblings and his parents seem to be on holiday in Weston super Mare).

However I loose him after that. Ancestry seem to be suggesting a possible death in New Westminster British Colombia in 1941 but I don't have a world wide subscription to see it. Also can any one see a national probate calandar entry for William Pearman senior about 1890 Wiltshire.

kiterunner
13-04-12, 08:39
There isn't much info on that Canadian death record, Anne - there is no image to view and it just gives date of death 24 Nov 1941, age 78. But ancestry does give some useful "Suggested records" next to it - William Thomas Pearman in the New York Passenger Lists 1820-1957 and in the Border Crossings from US to Canada 1908-1935. The NY Passenger Lists record shows he arrived in New York 7 Jul 1894 age 31 yrs 2 months, English, sailed from Southampton, and the Border Crossing record shows he arrived at Pacific Highway, British Columbia, 15 Nov 1934, age 71, born Devizes England.

anne fraser
13-04-12, 13:03
Thanks very much Kite so that death is definitely him. I think I might have found a picture of him.http://archive.org/stream/nicknacksfiresid00pear#page/n3/mode/2up Any sign of wife Elsie? Can you see what his occupation is in 1891. I can't read if he is a reverend. 1881 he is a printer's assistant. There is a William Pearman with wife Elsie living in Sparta Hancock Georgia on the 1930 U.S.A. census but the free viewing has ended. There seem to be lots of other Pearman's around. I wish they would stay put.