Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-09-09, 08:34
Administrator

Default Aaaaagh! Condition at marriage question.

Not needed for BK6. The people in post #7 don't seem to be connected when traced back.

I am trying to untangle one of my very difficult families. For every knot I untie, I seem to tie another knot, or two!

Last night I looked at 372 pages of unindexed PRs for St George Bloomsbury on Ancestry and so my head is a bit fuddled!

Anyway, can someone tell me why, when I look at the marriage entries for St Andrew's Holborn in 1832 the pre-printed register pages don't have a space for the marital condition of the bride and groom?? Would this be on the banns register perhaps? (which isn't available!). I thought this was information that had to be provided, so I don't understand why it's not on the record?

In case someone has a crystal ball, John Lavender married one of his cousins, Sarah McCrery, 25th July 1832 and it is vital to my research to know if she was a widow or not!!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010