Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-10-12, 16:07

Default Intermarrying.

Does anyone else ever get exhausted by the amount of intermarrying amongst families? I've been working on the Mutter family of Beer, Devon - Abraham and Mary Mutter and their son and eight daughters.

The eldest daughter marries a Woodgate, as did her maternal aunt. Mary Mutter's mother was also a Woodgate. The second daughter married Walter Woodgate Thorn and the third Thomas Loveridge Woodgate - are you spotting a pattern?

The son marries Patience Newton and the fifth daughter marries Robert Fox so they both made a nice change. Until the sixth daughter marries a John Newton and the seventh a Robert Fox Newton!

I know at some point I'm going to have to investigate these spouses' families because I won't be able to help myself but for the moment I'm going to shut that particular lot away.....

By the way, the eighth daughter bucked the trend, bless her, and married into the Bools family (as a maternal aunt had done), in her fifties. What's the betting Mr Bools' mother was a Woodgate or a Newton?