Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Old 03-03-13, 00:58

Well, now I have just downloaded from TNA the Wills of John Chaplin and his wife Hannah, which confirmed that they are my 5xg grandparents - both mention their son William Chaplin and their daughter Elizabeth-Mary Chaplin.

John died in 1787 (between August when the will was witnessed and 14 Nov when it was proved) and Hannah in 1800.

Neither are included in the NBI-2, so I cannot find out if there is any indication of how old they are.
As they married in 1764, I would think they were born in the 1730s.

John, makes his executors - his good friends Giles Cotterell, of Warfield, maltster and Peter Body of Shinfield, Gentleman and leaves a bequest to his brother, James Chaplin and sister Anna Chaplin. (maybe sister-in-law, wife of James?)

He also requests to be "interred in the parish church of Wokingham aforesaid, under the stair ?) in the middle aisle therein, where my former wife Dorothy Chaplin was laid"

"and I also desire my present wife Hannah Chaplin to be buried by me when ever it shall please God to all her away if she approves of this"

So Linda, is there any chance you can wander by All Saints and see if they are still under the middle aisle ?

Is there any way to find out how old they were ?

Di
Old 03-03-13, 09:35
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquette View Post
Is there any way to find out how old they were ?
You could get a look up of the burial entries in the parish register and see if it states their ages? But there are transcriptions on FMP and no age is shown on there for John, so probably not in the parish register either. Hannah's age is shown as 74. You don't need to use credits / have a sub to FMP to see this as it comes up on the free search. You would only have to pay to view the full transcription.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update