Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > DNA Questions

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13-02-19, 08:13
maggie_4_7

Default My DNA Results

Well they are in and as I thought nothing unusual insomuch that it is evenly split. Not sure what Northwestern Europe includes.

England, Wales & Northwestern Europe = 50%
Southern England
East Anglia & Essex

Ireland and Scotland = 50%
Scotland
Central Scotland & Ulster, Ireland

I have a lot of matches on Ancestry two very close and I was confused with one but now realise she is a very close relative who has uploaded them in her married name which I didn't know and another is a contact in Australia whose mother was my maternal grandmother's niece.

Lots of 3rd and 4th cousins, a lot from the Scottish side but I haven't had time to look at them all in detail and a lot from the English side a few from the English side that I recognise as contacts I have already.

Two interesting ones is a Jewish connection and a Dutch connection. I can only assume one of my ancestors married one of their ancestors but one doesn't have a tree (Dutch) and the other only has 20 names on it.

Anyway annoyingly I have to go out in hour I have a meeting so I will look at it in more detail later.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 13-02-19 at 08:34.