Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Members' Direct Ancestors > Take One 2xGreat-Grandparent

Old 30-01-10, 18:29

Well done, Sue!

I'll have to look at Berks FHS more closely as my father's family originally came from there (via Wiltshire, I think).
Old 30-01-10, 19:32

Let me know if you want anything looked up Elizabeth - I also have a copy of the Berks Burial Index too!
Old 31-01-10, 14:49

oooo! thanks Sue! Does that mean that I might find a bastardy order?

(sorry for delay in reply).
Old 31-01-10, 14:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue from Southend View Post
Let me know if you want anything looked up Elizabeth - I also have a copy of the Berks Burial Index too!
I'm wondering if Alice died before 1841 and that's why Ellen is with the Joneses? Perhaps you could look for me. Alice was BC1814.

Just realised from looking on my FTM that Ellen and her husband William Liddiard were both illegitimate. (shock horror!)
Old 31-01-10, 15:24

The only Cleaters buried in Kintbury are Francis 14 Dec 1823 aged 67 and Jane, 31 Dec 1832, aged 65. Possible parents for Alice? There are no Alice Cleaters (or variants of!) on the disc at all.

There are quite a lot of Liddiards buried there - no Ellen I'm afraid but a William 21 Jul 1892 aged 62, from the Hungerford Workhouse. I'll transcribe the others for you and pm them later on (may not be for a couple of days tho'!)
Ellen Liddiard doesn't appear anywhere else either.
Old 31-01-10, 16:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie Knees View Post
oooo! thanks Sue! Does that mean that I might find a bastardy order?

(sorry for delay in reply).
This CD has Bastardy Orders on it and there is nothing in the index for Alice Cleater or John Rumble apart form what I've already posted. The Berks FHS might be able to tell you if there is anything untranscribed...

http://www.berksfhs.org.uk/index.htm

Having just looked at that site I should point out that my copy of the Burial Index was freebie from a magazine and that there is a more up to date version available!
Old 31-01-10, 18:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue from Southend View Post
The only Cleaters buried in Kintbury are Francis 14 Dec 1823 aged 67 and Jane, 31 Dec 1832, aged 65. Possible parents for Alice? There are no Alice Cleaters (or variants of!) on the disc at all.

There are quite a lot of Liddiards buried there - no Ellen I'm afraid but a William 21 Jul 1892 aged 62, from the Hungerford Workhouse. I'll transcribe the others for you and pm them later on (may not be for a couple of days tho'!)
Ellen Liddiard doesn't appear anywhere else either.
Francis and Jane are certainly on the IGI as parents of an Alice Cleater bc1814 (who I think is mine) so that's poss. I suppose Alice could have married, not sure about that.

William Liddiard in 1892 is Ellen's husband, he died 16/07/1892 in Hungerford so the family must have had him 'planted' in Kintbury.

I'll contact BFHS/RO to see if there are any bastardy record. Thanks for you help

Tags
to2g3