Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-09, 11:26
Administrator

If you spell it 'Arundell' rather than 'Arundall' then there are over 250 entries on FreeBMD for Gloucestershire.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-12-09, 11:35
brenmac

thankyou merry,this is his email to me.
Good morning Brenda,

I live in Sydney, Australia.. I have come across your post a number of times & I was thinking I should email you. My interest in Gloucestershire History is because a number of my Ancestors come from there, Arundell, Deague,Holder, Gramet, Woods et cetera. I have hit a couple of walls in researching Family history & I'm about to hire the services of a proper Genealogist, I was wondering before I do that.. I have read many a times that the Arundells of Cornwall are extinct, but I have seen many Sons being born to them throughout the years & wondering if they (the younger sons) may of migrated to Gloucestershire and set up shop? This would mean that the line is not extinct though wouldn't it? I have read someone that the Sir Humphrey Arundell of Helland, the same who was hung, drawn and quarted after the Prayer Book Rebellion had 3 children, a Richard, a Humphrey and a daughter. I was wondering whether or not they may or not of been the start of the Arundells in Gloucestershire? It’s an uncommon name but its proving quite difficult to find any further information after Isaac Arundell, I was wondering if you know of the other names I have spoken of as well and how far back they can be dated. I have a relative here in Oz who claims that we are same way related to the Plantagenet's but I doubt her information as I don’t think it would be 100%, I'm assuming possibly if those Arundells of Humphrey migrated to Gloucestershire though, these could be the link she speaks of… as Sir Humphrey did marry a Fulford who through the Bourchier's was a descendent of Edward III, even earlier though I understand that the Arundells of Lanherne, married Alice deLanhurne who was on her Mothers side a bastard descendent of King John, any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks & regards,
Lucas
Old 11-12-09, 11:43
Administrator

Bren, I still think we need details of the line that he is trying to trace back so we have somewhere to start from. Is he trying to trace back from Isaac Arundell? I think I recognise that name from your tree?

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry
Old 11-12-09, 12:00
brenmac

yes i thought so but i cant find him.im off to check,thankyou ....brenda xxx
Old 11-12-09, 12:16
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
Bren, I still think we need details of the line that he is trying to trace back so we have somewhere to start from. Is he trying to trace back from Isaac Arundell? I think I recognise that name from your tree?
That's exactly what I was going to say!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 11-12-09, 12:22
Administrator

Isaac Arundell m Ann Holder in 1790 in Minchinhampton.

That's the one, isn't it?

Have you suggested he hires out the PR films via his local LDS FHC rather than hiring a 'proper genealogist'? lol

Old 11-12-09, 12:37
Administrator

Did we decide Nathaniel, who married Mary Holder, was his brother?

Is Nathaniel the one who was bap in Rodborough? If he is then his father was Isaac too, so I'm not sure which one your contact is refering to? (could be a different Isaac entirely, of course!)

Old 11-12-09, 13:10
brenmac

merry i hope he can get into the site i sent him the address.it seems a shame when there is so much help here.brenda xxx
Old 11-12-09, 16:09
Administrator

TBH Bren, I'm not sure what any of us can do if the info isn't on line (hardly any of Glouc in on the LDS site, for instance). It could take months of searching PRs etc at the Gloucester RO.

Old 11-12-09, 17:15
brenmac

thankyou for your help brenda xxx
Closed Thread