Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Family History General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19-09-13, 06:03

Default Feast or famine.

I got a will for a Joseph Tirrold yeoman of Aston Tirrold in Berkshire 1716 yesterday, hoping to prove his relationship to two brides whose marriages he was bondsman to. I'm descended from both of the brides and the will proved he was their father but it also named three other daughters, another of whom is an ancestor.

Since I came across a will from 1780 which named amongst several siblings a direct ancestor as his brother, I can't stop finding direct ancestors and I now have a mound of paperwork to put into an online tree. Despite the patchy PRS, there's apparently a wealth of info for the ancestors of this one great x 4 grandfather out there and I need a lot more trips to the RO and now the NA.

It seems a long time since I made any significant progress and now I don't seem to be able to stop. Does anyone else find this happens when you get that one piece of information that proves to be a gateway? It gives me hope for some of the lines that I'm still still stuck in the C19th with....