Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 02-09-09, 18:17
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
You aren't trawling through all the birth indexes for a quarter looking for people with a particular first name, are you? Surely ancestry's birth index search will find them all in one go?
I hope not, Kite! I thinking I'm just thinking that maybe might be able to think of a new angle on this
Old 02-09-09, 19:28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiterunner View Post
You aren't trawling through all the birth indexes for a quarter looking for people with a particular first name, are you? Surely ancestry's birth index search will find them all in one go?

I'm just checking that.............I thought all of them would come up, but there doesn't seem as many as I thought there would be.
Old 03-09-09, 14:26

I was trying to think of other ways of finding info about your EW and wondered if you knew what schools he went to and whether you could contact anyone through friendsreunited who are registered at those schools for the years concerned. Regardless of the birth cert name you might find someone who remembers EW with parents FW and BW.
It might also be worth joining the Cheshire FHS to see if there are any school records available locally to search.
Maybe someone on here or another forum might live in the area and can look for you if the records are not online.
Is the address where they lived still there? could there be anything we could look at (other than the 1921 census) that might give some clues.
Margaret
Old 03-09-09, 14:28

Another thought - have you found FW's WW1 record? that might have some info as they did look at BC's for children who were declared.
Margaret
Old 03-09-09, 15:52

I found the marriage for Frank and Beatrice in Bucklow 1905 so looked for births with their surname W soon after and there are 2 that look interesting. I wonder if you have any siblings for your E.
On the 1911 they have 1 daughter and B is 35 which would make her 44 when E was born. F would have been 46 in 1919 so perhaps not in WW1.
Margaret
Old 03-09-09, 19:21
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarrysMum View Post
I'm just checking that.............I thought all of them would come up, but there doesn't seem as many as I thought there would be.
Thank you -that's just what I thought, Libby!

Margaret - thank you...I really like the idea of school records - I don't have any idea which schools he went to, but know the address he lived at...I hadn't thought of that line and will look into it.

I found what I thought was FW's WW1 record card.....it didn't say much - would there be any more detailed records anywhere?

The marriage you found for FW & BR is the same as I have and I only know of one other sibling...I met her once

Thank you again
Old 03-09-09, 19:24

Joan did FW get a war pension ?? that might give you a clue

Vallee
Old 03-09-09, 19:29
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by vallee View Post
Joan did FW get a war pension ?? that might give you a clue
Ooh - I don't know Val -any idea how I would find out?
Old 03-09-09, 19:56

you could start with ancestry ?? I'll have a nosey shall I ?? what year was he born ?

Vallee
Old 03-09-09, 19:59

do you have his army reg number anywhere??

Vallee