Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 07-01-12, 09:50
Administrator

Wm already had a son called Henry so I think that Henry is probably a child of John and Rebecca asIi think his birth fits between their first two surviving daughters. In 1911 Rebecca says 7,5,2 for her children and I'm thinking the 2 are Henry and her firstborn Elizabeth.

(you see Zoe, because I don't have your tree set up in front of me I keep doing the same lookups over and over and over and over again - I don't know how you are managing to do the research if you don't have a family tree program or an online tree at all - it's so difficult if you can't easily cross reference the data you already have)

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 07-01-12, 09:56

Yes, of course, I'd forgotten about Henry the first!

OC
Old 09-05-13, 13:49

Default just recvied death certificate for william hairyes

Hi everyone Zoe here hope everyones ok? just as a final update to this thread, I receved the death certificate for William Hairyes that you recomned I purchase and on it it states. signature of informent John Hairyes son 22 clyde street new wortley attendence. Merrys conclusions were correct,Mary Ann Hoys must have left William Hairyes before his death.Thankyou once again everyone and Merry for your brilliant investigation skills ,absulutley outstanding great research, many thanks Zoe
Old 09-05-13, 14:15
Administrator

It's great to hear you have the death cert Zoe, but I don't know how it proves Mary Ann had left William? It only shows she didn't register his death.

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 09-05-13, 14:46

good point your right merry I never thought of that perhaps John registered the death because Mary ann was too upset to do so, but it also states william hairyes last adress and his cause of death,occupation when he died and the actually day william died and John Hairyes adress on this date ,it does have a lot of inforantion on such a document,that I did not have thankyou for you advice to buy it .it has been a reveation to find out these points, have a great weekend kind regards Zoe
Old 09-05-13, 14:51
Administrator

Did he die at the informant's residence (22 Clyde Street) or somewhere else? What other addresses are on the cert (if any) other than 22 Clyde St? Other addresses might reveal something on the 1891 census.

Old 09-05-13, 15:51

the adress william died at on the death certificate was 13 greenland street, new wortley . william died on 25th May 1890 aged 59 the only other adress is 22 clyde street.new wortley informant John Hairyes Son,kind regards and thankyou, Zoe
Old 09-05-13, 16:57
Administrator

In 1891 there is William Johnson and his wife, Elizabeth, living at 13 Greenland St. They are both from Norfolk. No time to check them out further now, but it's not obvious there is any connection.

Old 09-05-13, 17:04

thankyou very much for checking I will have to try and obtain the correct death certificate for Mary Ann Hoys Hairyes in the future to find out for certain what happend next ,thanks everyone have a woderfull sunny weekend ! Kind regards Zoe
Old 09-05-13, 17:15
Administrator

Quote:
I will have to try and obtain the correct death certificate for Mary Ann Hoys Hairyes
Well, good luck with that!!