Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere!

Go Back   Genealogists' Forum - We have branches everywhere! > Research > Research Questions

Old 16-03-11, 09:40
tenterfieldjulie

Can't believe how today I got three breaks with my Limerick research, first the cert, then I found a live relie and I think I know why they left. Relie is from NZ and is descended from Pete's grandmother's sister. I now think that the three sisters - Ellen, (Peter's gm) Katie, who married a Toohey (my Sil said very excitedly as soon as I mentioned the name, "Oh Yes I remember Mum mentioning that name" lol) and Bridget, migrated to Aus together C 1888 Their father was a tenant farmer and the new landlord in 1888 doubled the rents and evicted people (lots of documents of how extreme he was). So from knowing nothing to all of a sudden their story is opening up.
Querying - in the 1911 Census Patrick O'Connor 72 Retired Farmer, Bridget, his wife 73 are living with John P O'Connor 37 and his wife Margaret 34 at Ballaghbehy (Dromtrasna, Limerick). Ballaghbehy is about twenty klms from Glenastar where they were living in 1872 when John was born.
There is also a Bridget O'Connor mother farmer widow living at Glenastar, Ardagh with son Frank (probably Francis) aged 46 and wife Mary etc.
Known children of Patrick and Bridget O'Connor are: Ellen born 1867, Catherine 1868, John 1872, Michael 1878 and Bridget ? I'd guess about 1870 to be migrating 1888. Not sure about Frank (Francis) 1865?
Can anyone find either family in 1901?
Found at Ballaghbehy in 1901 Patrick 62, Bridget 60, Timothy 29,(1872) Annie 27,(74) John 26 (1875), Nora 24, Bridget 22.
John's age at Ballaghbehy is out, so it is looking like some of the family either stayed at Glenastar or returned later.
I need to find a marriage of Patrick O'Connor and Bridget Kennelly/Kenneally in Limerick mid 1860s. hmmmmmmmh

Last edited by tenterfieldjulie; 16-03-11 at 09:52. Reason: Found in 1901
Old 16-03-11, 13:37
Administrator

I only opened this thread today because it looked like Irish research! I just opened it 'just to see what it's about', only to read

Quote:
Hi Merry,
aaagggh!!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010
Old 21-03-11, 10:11
tenterfieldjulie

Very chuffed I googled Patrick O'Connor Glenastar Limerick and in 2006 there was a Patrick O'Connor applying for a building permit.. Guess who is going to get a letter.. Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Old 21-03-11, 10:50
Administrator

It's a very common name, Julie, as I'm sure you know.

Family History News updated 21st May
Lancashire Non-conformist records new on Ancestry
Old 21-03-11, 12:13
tenterfieldjulie

Yes I know Kite, but he is in the right place and it isn't a big place. I know from the McDonagh's in the townland of Gurtigara, that there were families that weren't related. Hopefully he will reply yes or no, if I put a SASE. I have a friend at Ennis, I might ask her what she thinks would be best. It might be better if I wait until I go to Ireland. She might even know him, as she has coffee shops in Ennis and Limerick City.