View Single Post
Old 17-09-09, 17:34

Default Don't know what to think!

There's a marriage cert that I've been meaning to send for for quite a while but never quite got round to it. Well, the marriage has just turned up on the new ancestry databases and hasn't solved anything...so could I have your opinions please

(I'm doing alot of this from memory cos Ancestry is playing up for me at the mo)

My 2x great Grandfather, Frederick Lock, was born c1838. In 1841 he is living with Thomas and Elizabeth Lock in Ridge, Herts who look too old to be his parents and he is given as not being born in county. However, in every following census he says he was born in Ridge, Herts.

There is a baptism on the IGI for a William Frederick Nicholl Lock in 1838 in Ridge...mother Hannah Lock. Thomas and Elizabeth had a daughter called Hannah.

By 1861 Frederick has married a Susan/Susannah who was born in Lowestoft, SFK. There is a Susan/Susannah Hunton born at the right time in Suffolk, father Jonathan Hunton.

The marriage that has turned up on the London Marriages database is between Frederick Lock and Susan Hunton in 1858 at St John the Evangelist, Clapham. What's making me dither is that Frederick gives his father as being Thomas Lock, either knowingly or unknowingly.

Sooooo, what I'm asking of you is, how likely do you think that this marriage is my 2x great Grandparents?