View Single Post
Old 06-01-12, 09:39
Administrator

Hmmm, it seems to suggest in GR's announcement that access is included in their "Platinum" membership, which they say costs £6.67 per month for 12 months, taken as one lump sum, i.e. about £80 for a year's membership. Other options for Platinum membership are £19.95 for one month or about £50 for six months.

So if I understand this correctly, you can pay GR £19.95 to get unlimited access to the BNA for one month? (Or £80 for a year.) And it also includes 1841 - 1911 censuses and BMD indexes plus of course the ability to contact other GR members and view their trees. The census and BMD searches on GR tend not to be very good compared to the search facilities on other sites (but of course you can search for free on another site to narrow things down and then you know what to look for on GR) but it looks to me as though if you want a sub to the BNA it is much better to go via GR than the actual BNA site, unless there's a catch somewhere that I'm missing?

Edit - never mind, I've found something which explains that access to the BNA is an "Additional Feature" which you have to pay extra for on top of your Platinum membership! As for how much extra, I don't know, but I'm sure it means there is no point.

Family History News updated 29th Feb
Findmypast 1871 census update