Thread: Who was Derek?
View Single Post
Old 27-12-09, 11:15
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie_4_7 View Post
Joan

Sorry I am confused but that last bit "adopted son birth certificate ACR8402/6 copy London 19.9.46" does that mean it was issued to Derek in 1946 for him to travel and as you said before he was adopted 1928?

The thing I meant about avoiding was that if Derek was born March 1926 and they asked for a travel permit in June he was still only a very small baby and perhaps they were trying to avoid the adoption issue at that time for some reason.

You are right though when this gentleman is involved it does make you think there is something strange going on but it could be totally innocent of course and there was no ulterior motive and the explanation is quite simple
LOL Maggie - I'm confused too!! The way the form has been filled in, it's a bit difficult to tell whether the words "copy London 19.07.46" (it's 07, I think not not 09 like I said before!) go with the bit about the birth cert, or the bit about the emergency cert! - but I think it's the birth cert.

The entry in the adopted chidren's register is dated 31/08/28

The number in the register is 5228, Vol 11 - although the ACR number quoted on the form looks like 8402/6

This is making me dizzy LOL!!!

Thanks for your help