View Single Post
Old 02-11-13, 10:49
Administrator

I gave up writing anything down years ago. If I find something new I just add it to my tree immediately. Anything else, such as things to do later, ideas I've had, etc etc etc etc all get added to the relevant area on my tree program. If I need to find something I know that's where it will be and it won't go missing! I can search using any word I've typed so no rummaging in folders or notebooks.

I have a filing cabinet with documents in it, but have got rid of about 70% of the paper notes because I just don't think to look in there if I'm wondering about something.

An example of what happens if I write something down is......the other day there was a thread on here describing about three generations of a family and I kept getting confused about the generations, so I drew a tree on a piece of A4 computer paper along with a few scribbled notes to help me. A week later I found it on the coffee table with a load of dau's drawings all over it and a quarter torn off presumably because someone had used the other side to write something important and taken their piece!

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010