Thread: LMA on Ancestry
View Single Post
Old 18-09-09, 20:50

Default LMA on Ancestry

Like a whole lot of you, I have been glued to this new feature, and found a whole stack of Baptism/ Marriages etc. I am now still stuck on my Pudney lot (Rachel Willis who proported to have married William Pudney) etc. Merry! Will you please come out from under that table

Seriously though, I am in a right pickle. I cannot for the life of me find anything like the marriage of William Pudney to Rachel Willis, which has bugged me for about 5 years now. OK, maybe they didn't get married after all. They did have at least 7 kids, which I have four of the certs which are correct. However, the other three are a complete mystery as to their births, although I have just found their Baptisms on LMA/Ancestry. Perhaps the parents didn't register these births, thinking it would be OK just to have them baptised?

Here is a real conundrum - On the London Births and Baptisms there is one of William and Rachel's offspring which puzzled me. He is Charles Pudney, baptised on 5 Sept. 1852 to James William Pudney and Rachel Pudney at Holy Trinity, Tottenham. If you look at the original image on page 55 is states James William and Rachel and under the surname box is says 'Pudney alias Nightingale'. What is going on, I wonder?

Sorry this is rather long and convoluted, but has anyone got any ideas please?

Chris