View Single Post
Old 29-08-09, 14:18
Muggins in Sussex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olde Crone View Post
Not an impossible question, but a nearly impossible task!

You could go through the GRO index for 1919, noting every instance of the forename you have. You could then try to marry or kill them off one by one from the indexes.

In theory, the last one left will be yours but as we all know in this game, theory and practice rarely match.

OC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nell View Post
Erm - so what do you know about this person? I suppose you could trawl through all the birth indexes now they are transcribed for the quarter(s) he was born - I assume you could narrow it down by county if not registration district?

Or you'd need to check the baptism registers, though I suppose if his name was William or John you wouldn't know if you'd found the right chap.

Or - if he is dead, you could check 1984-2005 death indexes on Ancestry using his dob as a check?
Thanks OC and Nell.

I started trawling, but it seemed, as OC says, impossible!! LOL - it felt as though as was doing the family tree of everyone in the country!!

I then narrowed it done a bit by finding all the people born with that forename in that quarter by using Family Relatives... but even then, there were several I couldn't eliminate.

Nell, he is still alive ! And I know quite a lot about him, but as he is still alive, I can't say

Last edited by Muggins in Sussex; 29-08-09 at 14:20.