View Single Post
Old 07-01-13, 17:35
Administrator

Right, back to the various George Walfords!

The 1814 burial is for George (cordwainer of Burdrop) aged 52, so that would make him born about 1762. The Ancestry trees have my Ann Walford's brother b 26 July 1761 (probably actually a baptism date), so it seems very likely this is him and he is the husband of Hannah. They probably married about 1790 and there are Quaker birth records for their children between 1791 and 1800 (inc George who you mentioned died aged 2 in 1802) all giving the father's occ as cordwainer and the abode as Burdrop.

Ann Walford and her siblings are said to have been born at Sibford Ferris according to those trees (a hamlet in Swalcliffe parish) I've got Sibford and Shutford (contiguous parishes) on fiche, but not Swalcliffe! Bother.

I'm pretty sure the original George Walford and his wife Ann Brotherton were never Quakers, so the C of E PRs should be the place for their burials.

Quote:
Oh, there are a couple of public trees on ancestry showing your George's date of date as 28 Aug 1810 North Newington, Oxfordshire, and Ann's death as 2 Sep 1800 at the same place, and six children of the couple. Have you looked at those before, Merry?
I've only just realised that N Newington is in the parish of Broughton and I have the fiche for Broughton!!! If only I didn't have to cook dinner first.......*sigh* lol

"Something has been filled in that I didn't know was blank" Matthew Broderick WDYTYA? March 2010