Thread: Do I tell?
View Single Post
Old 07-10-12, 21:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret in Burton View Post
No don't tell because if you do no-one will believe you because all of these trees on Ancestry MUST be correct because there are so many of them.

No body believes that they are all wrong because everyone copied from everyone else and they were all compounding error after error.

You know your tree is correct and feel smug about that. I know I do.
I agree.

I know several of the ancestry trees were copied from my private trees, mistakes and all (some I sent print outs or gedcoms to family connections). I have corrected mine, but nobody else has.

I have made a family connection which nobody else has and I am not telling them, because it is so easy to find if you only look.

I have a private tree on ancestry so I can let other family members see what I have found, and I don't mind if they copy it, its their family too after all, but I would like to get some credit if someone else asks them about it. And I would like them to check mine from time to time and see if they need to update theirs.

Very few people contact me "out of the blue" on anestry now, so I can only assume they are copying from the other trees, or no-one else is researching our families.

I am waiting for the day someone asks about the BROWN connection !!

I feel smug too !!

Di