View Single Post
Old 09-09-11, 11:57

Default Mary Bunn(e)y (MMMMFM)

Name - Mary (Ann) Bunney
Date and place of birth - c1787
Names of parents - William Bunney and Mary ?
Date and place of baptism - see below
Details of each of his or her marriages - Thomas Dawes Piercy, 23 Nov 1808, St Dunstan's Stepney, Middlesex
Occupation(s) - possibly Silk Weaver
Addresses where they lived -
1808 - 1823 various addresses, Shoreditch, Middlesex
1826 - Foleshill, Warwickshire (possibly, see below)
1832 - Holywell Lane, Shoreditch, Middlesex

I can't find her or Thomas on 1841
Date, place and cause of death - 2 Jan 1851, John St, Spitalfields. Disease of the womb.
Date and place of burial unknown
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any

Link to To3g http://genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum...ad.php?t=10452

Note: I always thought that Mary was the daughter of John and Elisabeth Bunny bapt 1786 in St Leonards, Shoreditch (her 2nd daughter was an Elisabeth). Then I found the baptism of a child, William Piercy 1826 in Foleshill Warwickshire to a Thomas and Mary Piercy, Thomas occ ribbon Weaver (my Thomas was a silk weaver) and as it was a baptism in a Wesleyan Chapel the names of the maternal grandparents were given as William and Mary Bunney. Paternal grandparents not given. So now I'm in a quandary - it's such a huge coincidence that there might be 2 couples Thomas Piercy and Mary Bunn(e)y with th e same occupation. If I could find them in 1841 I might at least have an idea whether she was born in Middlesex or not!

Last edited by Sue from Southend; 15-03-14 at 15:38. Reason: Forgot add link - again!