View Single Post
Old 23-06-23, 07:25

Oh I really enjoyed that one, one of the best ever I think, not only because it was a terrific story but because it was backed up with so many original documents. I also liked Kevin's approach too, just enough emotion but also an intelligent interpretation of what he was being shown.
I did go back and rewatch it this morning because I was wondering how Matooski became Anne McKenzie who married Pierre LeBlanc but when you pause the picture and read the whole of the marriage document it says Anne was the daughter of Robert McKenzie and an "Indian woman" so I suppose if you add that to her subsequent history plus the way that she was referred to on Grace's baptism record it does make sense to draw that conclusion. A really,really good programme!
Edit to say: I've also just remembered that the historian said McTavish provided "Anne Mc Kenzie/Matooski with a dowry so there is the real proof. This business known as "turning off" was glossed over somewhat I thought. In reality it meant they treated their "country wife" as just a possession to be passed around at will.

Last edited by Ann from Sussex; 23-06-23 at 07:39.