View Single Post
Old 03-05-21, 06:57

Hi ,i know it's sometime ago that we did this research . About william Grimshaw I checked william grimshaws burial date in Pemberton . and he died age 80 in 1905 . if it helps . I also found the 1851 census with ellen and william living in Durham ,with daughter Margeret aged 6 and Son james age 1 . I believe that's them . perhaps from there they moved to Glasgow . Perhaps James died as they had their second son james in 1856 in Glasgow . I believe we have mentioned margeret before . She doesn't seem to be with her parents later in scotland . but perhaps she stayed with Grandparents ? Unless i can find her death . I thought I may glean more info from the censuses . i can't get the full 1851 census on FS. as it only gives basic info . I can't go to the library yet as places are limited to use ancestry . so if you can let me have a copy of this 1851 ,census i would be most grateful . Shona has mentioned . the grimshaw family in church st . Mother Betty . could it be that the birth of william is wrong .as i have a gut feeling about this family . ? let me know what you think ? thanks