Thread: William Mears
View Single Post
Old 16-01-16, 13:00
maggie_4_7

Hi Angela

Good to hear from you in fact since I posted this I have done a lot more research, William's wife's name was Mary Osborn it is mis-transcribed a few times on documents but does look like Osbond on two records at Northamptonshire Record office but it is Osborn.

PM me your email address, I have some very early documents about Mary Osborn her sister Catherine and her father William (to do with property and transferring rights) that my cousin Michele and I found at Northamptonshire Record Office, Mary's father name was William Osborn b1736 in Stanion and her mother's name was Mary Norton. Her grandparents William Osborn's parents were William Osborn and Mary Riddle.

Like I said pm me your email address and I can fill you in on my research.

It was like finding a Gold Mine when I found Jerry's website and the letters from Frances Green to her brother Abraham Walter who married Charlotte Mears and emigrated to USA but the best was Thomas Collins Mears letter. It mentions a lot of our ancestors in it and timelines of deaths and where living.

Oh I forgot to say I have had contact from another lady in NZ who is descended from John Ashby and Lucy Mears' son John so another branch of descendents in NZ.

Last edited by maggie_4_7; 17-01-16 at 09:02.