PDA

View Full Version : Mary Wylde/Wyld (FFMMM)

borobabs
14-05-11, 13:31
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Mary Wylde

Date and place of birth
Abt 1782 Nottinghamshire think

Names of parents
???

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
???

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
William Steer 30 Sept 1805 Eastwood Nottinghamshire
William Steers and Mary Wylde both of the parish of Eastwood, by banns, witnesses Joseph Wyld and Mary Wylde

Children
Mary B ? - d 1810
William B? – d1816
John B 1804 –
Hannah B 1806 –
Ann B 1811 -

Occupation(s) - if any
???

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
None

Date, place and cause of death
Jan 1839 still to get cert

Date and place of burial
24 Feb 1839 Langley Mill aged 57

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any
???

kiterunner
14-05-11, 18:33
If she was of the parish of Eastwood when she got married, why do you say you think she was born in Nottingham, Babs?

borobabs
14-05-11, 19:48
Oh thought Eastwood was part of nottinghamshire

kiterunner
14-05-11, 21:59
Oh sorry, yes, I see what you mean. I thought you meant the city of Nottingham.

borobabs
14-05-11, 22:01
No Kate dont know if she as born Eastwood or not so left it as Nottingham but know theres also Wyldes in Derbyshire so pass

Margaret in Burton
15-05-11, 09:31
Perhaps change it to Nottinghamshire Babs

borobabs
15-05-11, 10:03
Done that Marg , know Kate found the marriage out for me but theres mary on freereg with father Joseph but the Joseph baptism has father George ;;so ???

borobabs
18-02-12, 13:15
On Freereg I have found these two baptisms can I ask what you think ,,going with Joseph as her brother as there was one who was witness at her wedding ;;

County Nottinghamshire
Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 06 Apr 1783
Forename Mary
Sex F
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WILDE
MotherSurname
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 13676

And

County Nottinghamshire
Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 25 May 1787
Forename Joseph
Sex M
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WYLDE
MotherSurname
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 13671

kiterunner
18-02-12, 16:04
FamilySearch has a Mary Wylde marrying at Nottingham St Mary in 1802, also one marrying at Nottingham St Peter in 1804 and one marrying at Nottingham St Nicholas in 1805, so I suspect that two of those might be the ones you found who were baptised at Nottingham St Mary.

kiterunner
18-02-12, 16:18
FreeREG doesn't have Eastwood baptisms yet, according to their Nottinghamshire info page.

They have got some marriages though, and there is a marriage between Joseph Wyld and Priscilla Limb 13 Apr 1806 at Eastwood St Mary, but it doesn't give the witnesses' names. Could be Mary's brother?

There is also a Hannah Wylde who married Samuel Pollard 12 Jul 1796 and Lydia Wild who married Charles Wilkinson 17 Dec 1804.

kiterunner
18-02-12, 16:32
Also, as you said before, it could be that Mary was baptised in Derbyshire, because Eastwood is right next to the border and there seem to be quite a few Wildes in the parish of Heanor.

borobabs
18-02-12, 17:56
Thanks Kate but doesnt it do your head in at times , its just taking a gamble sometimes isnt it ,,,
So nothing definite so bye bye Tog 4 this week then ;; Thanks again for looking

borobabs
23-03-12, 11:08
Sorry for nudging but ;;;

Can anyone help here I have a tree on ancestry that says Mary Wylde b 1783 parents George Wilde and
Ann Carver baptism 6 April 1783 St Marys Nottingham , which I believe is the church for Eastwood ??
Kate sure you will soon put me right again lol
The only thing is this person who's tree it is has no marriage for Mary or death

kiterunner
23-03-12, 12:37
St Mary's Nottingham is in the centre of the city of Nottingham, Babs, nowhere near Eastwood. The church for Eastwood was St Mary's Eastwood.

borobabs
23-03-12, 15:29
Dam thanks Kate so dont know where that contact got detail in the other tree but have wrote to her ;;

borobabs
06-04-12, 14:20
Sorry to bump this again ,, I have that Mary had ;
sister Hannah
brother John
Brother Joseph

And I have found these

County Nottinghamshire
Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 06 Apr 1783
Forename Mary
Sex F
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WILDE
MotherSurname
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 13676

County Nottinghamshire
Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 11 Dec 1788
Forename Hannah
Sex F
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WYLDE
MotherSurname
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 13671

County Nottinghamshire

Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 25 May 1787
Forename Joseph
Sex M
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WYLDE
MotherSurname
Abode
FatherOccupation
Notes
FileNumber 13671

Search Record Details
County Nottinghamshire
Place Nottingham
Church St Mary
RegisterNumber
DateOfBirth
BaptismDate 20 Mar 1791
Forename John
Sex M
FatherForename George
MotherForename Ann
FatherSurname WYLDE
MotherSurname

I have spent all day searching Nottingham , my contact had only put Estwood as thats where she got married

kiterunner
06-04-12, 14:51
Where did you get those names of her brothers and sisters from in the first place, Babs?

borobabs
06-04-12, 15:14
From the link u8p family of rellie Joseph was witness at wedding

kiterunner
06-04-12, 17:17
I'm guessing that your contact may have got those names from those baptisms, but we don't have anything to prove that your Mary is the one from Nottingham. What we really need is a look at the Eastwood baptisms.

borobabs
06-04-12, 17:19
I cannot find her under eastwood in Nottingham Kate thats whats doing my head in ,,no matches on LDS site

kiterunner
06-04-12, 17:37
Maybe we need the Heanor (Derbyshire) baptisms then.

borobabs
06-04-12, 17:54
Pass wll have a look but still couldnt find Mary one any thin but somewhere with O in title LDS isnt opening for me

borobabs
06-04-12, 17:57
This is what Im getting on there site

We are unable to display search results due to technical difficulties. Please try searching again in a few minutes.

kiterunner
11-04-12, 13:01
I've had a look at Nottinghamshire Archives and got the witnesses' names from some other Wyld marriages at Eastwood:

17 Dec 1804 Charles Wilkinson of Greasley married Lydia Wyld of Eastwood, witnesses Joseph Wyld and Martha Grundy.

13 Apr 1806 Joseph Wyld married Priscilla Limb, both of Eastwood, witnesses Vincent Wyld and Elizth Turner.

I had a look at the Eastwood baptisms and couldn't find any of them but there was a John Wylde baptised 19 Jan 1794, parents Joseph and Hannah.

The card index for removal orders has the following entry:
Hannah Wilde widow, removal order 16 Oct 1815 (QSM/1/37 Nottm) from Eastwood to Codnor, parish of Heanor, Derbyshire, upon appeal respited. 8 Jan 1816 No party appearing at this session it was ordered that the appeal be discharged.

So you definitely need to look at Heanor in Derbyshire for Mary's baptism (and Codnor if there are any separate baptisms for it.) Unfortunately Nottinghamshire Archives don't have Heanor baptisms but they do have a marriage index and Joseph Wyld of Alfreton married Lydia Fletcher of Heanor 28 Mar 1780. Could well be connected since there is a Joseph (or more than one?) and a Lydia among the Eastwood lot. In which case I suppose you need to look at Alfreton as well for Mary's baptism.

borobabs
11-04-12, 13:57
Wow Kate thanks very much for looking and for the info , will have to go searching see if I can find any baptisms online or else its order some discs to trawl though ;;; (((hugs))) your a good un ;;