PDA

View Full Version : Hannah Beech

kiterunner
13-05-11, 08:55
Name - "official" name and what they were known as Hannah Beech, aka Anna or Annie.
Date and place of birth About 1823 probably Stockport, Cheshire but birthplace given as Oldham on 1891 census.
Names of parents Isaac Beech and Elizabeth nee Bancroft
Date and place of baptism - if applicable 5 Sep 1824 St Mary Stockport, surname given as Leech on FamilySearch BT's
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any 11 Feb 1844 St Mary's, Cheadle, Cheshire, to Thomas Cotterill
Occupation(s) - if any Cotton Weaver, Charwoman
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 - Wellington St., Stockport, Cheshire
1851 - 79 Stott Street, Hulme, Manchester
1861 - 8 Hill Street, New Accrington, Lancashire
1871 - 36 Grange Street, New Accrington
1881 - 71 Royds Street, Accrington
1891 - 37 Grange Street, Accrington
Date, place and cause of death Jul-Sep 1898 Accrington, not got cause
Date and place of burial. Not found
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable None
Memorial inscription - if any Not found

kiterunner
13-05-11, 09:22
Oooh, I think I've found her in the Cheshire Bishop's Transcripts on FamilySearch! Surname given as Leech. Baptised St Mary Stockport, 5 Sep 1824, parents Isaac and Elizabeth. Shame the images aren't on there, but I'll cross-check against the PR's, and see if there seems to be a Leech family and if not, I will claim her!

Edit - finally managed to view the baptism entry in the PR's and although it does say Leech, abode is Park Street and father's occupation iron moulder, which matches the info on her elder brother John's baptism in 1822 so it is definitely her.