PDA

View Full Version : FTM Reports

Rosie Knees
10-05-11, 18:52
I've got FTM 2006. What I'm trying to do is create a report of all my direct ancestors listing B M and D so I can see what certs I need before I get a tree printed.

I go to Reports and click custom. Select BMD from the items to include list. So far so good. Now I click on 'individuals to include'. I can either select 'all individuals' or 'selected individuals' so I select the latter. Then 'individuals to include'. I click my name and then there is a button that says 'Ancestors>'. I click this but only 6, seemingly random, people go to the list. Surely all my direct ancestors should zoom across?

Any ideas anyone?

Lindsay
10-05-11, 19:47
Rosie, I have FTM 2011 so it might be different.

However, when I tried to duplicate what you're doing I got the same as you - a few apparently random people. Then I realised I needed to highlight my name in the list of all people which appears on the left hand side in my version - it had defaulted to one of my distant ancestors, for some reason. Once I changed that I got what I think you're aiming for.

Not sure if this will help you with 2006 or not!

Rosie Knees
11-05-11, 08:27
Sorted! Thanks Lindsay that works perfectly.

borobabs
11-05-11, 08:45
Lindsey thanks for that I had tried that a long time ago and gave up as only a few where showing up will try that with your method as soon as I get some time