PDA

View Full Version : Richard and Sarah Powell

ElizabethHerts
18-04-11, 14:13
I am trying to find the marriage of Richard and Sarah Powell of Neath, probably c. 1747.

They could also have married in London, as many of the family did.

<NAS Gw 5/7, 8> Marriage Settlement after the marriage of Richard Powell and Sarah by Lease and Release dated 16 and 17 Feb. 1747; (i) Richard Powell of Neath, gent., and Sarah his wife, to (ii) Richard Turberville of Ewenny, esq., and William Bell of Sandhurst, esq., with (iii) John Carne of Nash, esq. and Thomas Williams of Brecon, gent.; Houses and lands called Tyr Kenol yn Bronwidd, y Tir Mawr yn Bronwidd, Tir Nant Lleche, y Gorswen, Brynykeel and Aberllia, all in the parish of Ystradfellte; also Tir y Garth, Tir Verch Vorgan, Llwyne Llafrod, Tir y Dyfnant, Gwain y Gilfach, Llwyn y Turner and Maes y Fron, all in the parish of Ystradgynlais; also Kenfidd Ifan Isha, Kaegarw, Pentre, a water mill and kiln, Tir Rosser, Moleguila and a cottage, all in the parish of Bettws; also Abergwrelych in the parish of Glyncorrwg, Eastland and a house and garden in the occupation of William Gwyn, two houses and a house at Quarella Bach now converted into a meeting house, in the town and parish of Neath

There is so much documentation to peruse that it's making my head spin.

Sarah Powell left her estate to her niece Anne Evans, sister of OH's 4x gt. grandmother Susannah Lamb.

kiterunner
18-04-11, 15:59
I can't find a marriage, but a lot of Welsh stuff isn't online yet.

ElizabethHerts
18-04-11, 16:03
Thanks for looking, Kate. Perhaps FMP will put it on. Also, it's early.

ElizabethHerts
07-05-16, 14:09
I wonder if this is the marriage:

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbprs%2fm%2f888013502%2f1

http://search.findmypast.co.uk/record?id=gbprs%2fwal%2f4419964%2f00023&parentid=gbprs%2fm%2f888013502%2f1

"Richard Powell of Cowbridge in the County of Glamorgan Gent & Sarah Easton of this Chapelry Spinster were married Sept. 21st 1745"

Sarah's will:
"Also I order and direct to give unto Mrs Susannah Gwynn of the Town of Neath Mr Thomas Eason of the City of Bristol and to each of his children a Mourning Ring a peice Also I order and direct my Executrix to bury me in a decent manner at her discretion in the Chancel of Neath Church with my late Husband All the rest and residue of my real and personal Estate of what kind soever they be I give devise and bequeath unto my said Neice Anne Evans..."