PDA

View Full Version : Take one 3xG-Grandparent week 23 15 - 28 Apr 2011

kiterunner
15-04-11, 06:38
This week, we are focussing on your mother's father's mother's mother's father.

If you want to take part, just start a new thread on this board and put your 3x-great-grandfather's name in the Title. If you don't know his name then put whatever you like in the title!

Copy the following form and fill in the answers that you already have, then over the course of the next week you try to fill in the blanks and everyone else helps you. If you're lucky enough to have all the information already, then you can still post it up if you want, so that search engines can pick it up.

Can you fill in all of the following information about that person:

Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Date and place of birth
Names of parents
Date and place of baptism - if applicable
Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
Occupation(s) - if any
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Date, place and cause of death
Date and place of burial.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any

Adoptive or step-3x-great-grandparents welcome! Also you may post up threads for both your own ancestor and your OH's ancestor.

anne fraser
15-04-11, 17:42
I am sorry I seem to have entered the post twice. Do you think you could delete one please.

kiterunner
15-04-11, 18:44
Done that for you, Anne.

Sue at the seaside
22-04-11, 00:04
Now come on Kate, It's Friday, who are we "doing" next !!!!!

(can you tell, I'm bored at work!)

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 00:19
Oh Kate ! I think you have a typo ... a week 15th to 28th - I can't fit more days into the week lol

HarrysMum
22-04-11, 01:57
Kate.....just because this weekend is Jewish Passover, Christian and Orthodox Easter, Anzac Day and the Footy, doesn't mean we don't need another TOGG3...lol

****wonders if Kate thought we would be busy****

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 04:47
Do you think she thinks I have a life? apart from Genealogy?

Sue at the seaside
22-04-11, 05:49
Do you think she thinks I have a life? apart from Genealogy?

:d:d:d

ElizabethHerts
22-04-11, 07:39
Well, I got confused easily this morning.

I've just got up, very bleary. I came down, switched on the computer, saw this thread and thought, "Great, Kate has already posted who we are doing!" I opened a new thread, transferred over

mother's father's mother's mother's father

looked at my family tree to see who it would be, and then thought, "I've already done him!" I came back to this thread and saw you all chatting about where the new challenge was!!:d

I'm so sleepy I nearly posted the same man twice!

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 07:45
Ditto Elizabeth I did the same. I went to see what I had on Samuel Woodhead and thought, but I've posted him before. Then I thought did I post the wrong ggp before .. then looked at how long the week was and was even more confused ...

ElizabethHerts
22-04-11, 07:48
Ditto Elizabeth I did the same. I went to see what I had on Samuel Woodhead and thought, but I've posted him before. Then I thought did I post the wrong ggp before .. then looked at how long the week was and was even more confused ...

Julie, I'm glad I wasn't the only one.:)

It's a beautiful morning here. We are having such a wonderful spell of weather. The blossom from my study window is just spectacular. Our little Judas tree is looking great.

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 08:15
Any chance of pics please Elizabeth.. I am gasping for spring ... having missed out here this year and it will be autumn before I get to UK .... I am looking forward to seeing your autumn colour though.

ElizabethHerts
22-04-11, 08:16
Julie, I'll have to go out with the camera later.

Do come and visit me in Hertfordshire when you are over. We can go to Berkhamstead!:)

maggie_4_7
22-04-11, 08:44
Ditto I was just about to work out who it was and realised errrr I've done him! Then came and read the rest of the thread. :d

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 08:52
:d:d:d Maggie
I'd love to take you to lunch at that lovely restaurant in the Town Hall at Berkhamsted Elizabeth. I had the most amazing chocolate torte last time:D

ElizabethHerts
22-04-11, 08:56
I haven't been there, Julie, I'll have to investigate. :)

Jill
22-04-11, 09:01
ooh - I love Berkhamsted, Elizabeth & Julie - my Hawes family came from there & wandered round exploring when we visited last summer, (happened to buy a very nice summer weight coat there too)

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 09:14
Elizabeth has done some sleuthing there for me Jill. My Wares came from there too.

borobabs
22-04-11, 10:59
Cor thought I was cracking up again ,, glad its not just me lol

ElizabethHerts
22-04-11, 11:12
Take one 3xG-Grandparent week 23 15 - 28 Apr 2011

Is Kate away over Easter? Perhaps the dates were intentional?

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 11:14
Aha - maybe that's why she put that ....

Nell
22-04-11, 11:27
Had a PM from KiteRunner yesterday she is staying with her mother. Hopefully normal service will soon be restored.

So glad its everyone and not just me that thought she was going la la!

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 11:35
Oh Good, Glad she is Ok .. I hope she has a lovely break.

HarrysMum
22-04-11, 12:00
Glad Kate is OK......but heavens to Betsy....I'm the one who took my lappie to daughter's so I could do TOGG.

My withdrawal symptoms are so bad, daughter has just taught me how to play the pokies on FB......lol

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 12:05
No Hope Libby ... Shot at Dawn ... Addiction Critical ... So Sad ....
Got to go to Bed... family reunion at Tingha tomorrow ... 2 1/2 hours drive 4 hours there 2 1/2 hours back - home probably 6 pm ... a tad tired me thinks. Night..

HarrysMum
22-04-11, 12:12
Have a great time Julie...

kiterunner
22-04-11, 17:59
It's the Easter weekend! We do usually take a break from TOGG and its variations for Easter and Christmas, and it means that people who are away don't miss a week. Sorry to those who were expecting a new one today! I did think the dates on this thread would make it clear that there wasn't going to be a new one this week. But don't worry, the Royal Wedding won't stop us next week!

tenterfieldjulie
22-04-11, 21:42
Many thanks Kate - have a lovely break from us addicts !!

Janet
23-04-11, 00:57
Many thanks Kate - have a lovely break from us addicts !!

Seconded!

lozaras
23-04-11, 08:04
Well, I got confused easily this morning.

I've just got up, very bleary. I came down, switched on the computer, saw this thread and thought, "Great, Kate has already posted who we are doing!" I opened a new thread, transferred over

mother's father's mother's mother's father

looked at my family tree to see who it would be, and then thought, "I've already done him!" I came back to this thread and saw you all chatting about where the new challenge was!!:d

I'm so sleepy I nearly posted the same man twice!

I just did that too Elizabeth :D

maggie_4_7
23-04-11, 08:11
No there's nothing else except some of us didn't notice the dates last week were for two weeks as oppsed to one. When the thread was pushed up again by someone posting we thought it was a new TOGG.

lozaras
23-04-11, 08:14
No there's nothing else except some of us didn't notice the dates last week were for two weeks as oppsed to one. When the thread was pushed up again by someone posting we thought it was a new TOGG.

Thanks Maggie :) - I deleted my last post because I read Kate's post after typing it...:o
Then I came back and saw that you'd answered... :D