PDA

View Full Version : Sarah Stevens. OH’s FMFMM

Langley Vale Sue
12-04-11, 14:45
Mary's marriage in 1830 to Joseph Gibbs lists her surname as Heymer, but one of their children is baptised as John Thomas Hellyer Gibbs.

Name - "official" name and what they were known as - Sarah Stevens

Date and place of birth - unknown

Names of parents - William Stevens and Mary (nee Unknown)

Date and place of baptism - 24 November 1776, Wellington, Somerset

Details of each of his or her marriages - to Robert Hellier/Hellyer on 12 February 1806, Wellington St John, Somerset

Occupation(s) - unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1806 – daughter Mary born in Wellington, Somerset according to census

Date, place and cause of death - unknown

Date and place of burial - unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown

Memorial inscription - unknown

Her daughter Mary married Joseph Gibbs on 5 April 1830 in Tiverton, Devon (Parish Records collection on Find My Past) It doesn't show the parents names though :(
Not sure where I can go from here.

I am awaiting the birth certificate of OH's G grandfather, son of Mary & Joseph Gibbs, which should tell me Mary's true maiden name.

kiterunner
12-04-11, 18:29
Who were the witnesses at Joseph and Mary's wedding, Sue?

kiterunner
12-04-11, 18:33
There is a baptism on FreeREG of a Mary Hellier 7 Feb 1808 at Wellington St John, date of birth 22 Apr 1806, parents Robert and Sarah.

Langley Vale Sue
13-04-11, 07:54
No witnesses listed on the FMP transcription unfortunately Kite.

That baptism looks interesting, now why couldn't I find that? Thank you.

Langley Vale Sue
13-04-11, 08:16
Oooh I've also found, on FreeReg, a marriage between Robert Hellier and Sarah Stevens at Wellington St John on 12 Feb 1806. Worth further investigation I think :)
It states they were 'sojourners' which I take to mean they were only in the area temporarily and not residents.