PDA

View Full Version : Henry Pogson and Sarah ?

tenterfieldjulie
10-04-11, 13:25
In Yorkshire in the Almondbury there were a number of Henry Pogsons in the 1720/50s. When my ancestor (I hope) was born in 1744, fortunately a wife of another Henry also had a child baptised at Almondbury. I presume this is why with Daniel's baptism it gives his mother as Sarah. On Joseph's burial it also gives his parents as Henry and Sarah and he was baptised in 1737. The children appear to have been baptised at the Marsden chapel and there is another baptism in 1735 for William. I have found some marriages of Henry Pogsons but have not been able to find a marriage to Sarah. Can anyone find a marriage of Henry Pogson and Sarah ? probably the Almondbury area in Yorkshire in the early 1730s please. Many thanks. Julie

Merry
10-04-11, 17:01
IGI:

HENRY POGSON Pedigree
Male Family
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Marriages:
Spouse: SARAH BERRY Family
Marriage: 18 AUG 1833 Almondbury, Yorkshire, England
Messages: Extracted marriage record for locality listed in the record.

Merry
10-04-11, 17:06
Possible bap of groom:

HENRICUS POGSON Pedigree
Male
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 22 AUG 1714 Almondbury, Yorkshire, England
Parents:
Father: HENRICI POGSON Family
Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

and possible bap for bride:

SARA BERRY Pedigree
Female
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening: 11 MAR 1712 Almondbury, Yorkshire, England
Parents:
Father: BENJAMIN BERRY Family
Messages: Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record.

Merry
10-04-11, 17:11
Possibly groom's parents marriage:

HENRICUS POGSON Pedigree
Male Family
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
Marriages:
Spouse: SARA BAXTER Family
Marriage: 07 MAR 1697 Almondbury, Yorkshire, England

and possible marriage for the bride's parents:

BENJAMIN BERRY Pedigree
Male Family
Event(s):
Birth:
Christening:
Death:
Burial:
Marriages:
Spouse: MARTHA NOBLES Family
Marriage: 10 AUG 1704 Almondbury, Yorkshire, England

kiterunner
10-04-11, 21:54
Merry, that marriage you found says 1833 instead of 1733?

Merry
10-04-11, 22:18
Oooh, bother!! lolol Thanks Kate. Scrap that lot then....

ElizabethHerts
22-01-12, 13:59
Hi Julie!

I don't know if any of this is relevant to you and your ancestors, but I though I'd post the link because of your connection to Pogson and Almondbury:

http://www.willtranscriptions.co.uk/Notes%20Taken%20From%20Wills/moss,_mowbray,_pogson_&_rayner_notes.htm

A Henry Pogson is mentioned.

tenterfieldjulie
22-01-12, 21:56
Thanks Elizabeth. That will looks very promising. Just wish there were more hours in the day. Found a great Pogson family B & B called Beckside cottage near Hawkshead too ..