PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Siveter

Margaret in Burton
08-04-11, 20:10
Nothing known at all except she was the mother of Sarah Siveter b 1807 in Dudley, Worcestershire and Elizabeth Siveter b 1811 in Dudley.

Both illegitimate

Link to daughter:Elizabeth Siveter (http://www.genealogistsforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=5771)

kiterunner
08-04-11, 22:13
You've most likely seen these already, but there's an Elizabeth Siveter who married Joseph Roberts 2 Apr 1820 at St Thomas, Dudley. And a baptism of an Elizabeth Siveter 4 Sep 1791 at St Thomas, Dudley, parents Samuel and Elizabeth.

tenterfieldjulie
09-04-11, 01:10
What an unusual surname - I don't think I have ever seen it before. I wonder if because the children were illegitimate, that she changed it from something like Sylvester?

Asa
09-04-11, 04:55
My sister-in-law is married to a Siviter from that area so it does exist :-) There's also a Siviters Lane in nearby Rowley Regis.

Margaret in Burton
09-04-11, 07:35
You've most likely seen these already, but there's an Elizabeth Siveter who married Joseph Roberts 2 Apr 1820 at St Thomas, Dudley. And a baptism of an Elizabeth Siveter 4 Sep 1791 at St Thomas, Dudley, parents Samuel and Elizabeth.

I probably have seen that many moons ago. lol I haven't looked at this line in OH's family for years. I'll have to investigate further.

Margaret in Burton
09-04-11, 07:37
My sister-in-law is married to a Siviter from that area so it does exist :-) There's also a Siviters Lane in nearby Rowley Regis.

I do remember on the IGI there were loads of Siveter or Sivetor's in the Dudley and Rowley Regis areas.

Daughter Elizabeth is OH's direct line. Because she is already married and living in Ashby de la Zouch, in Leicestershire by 1841 it makes it difficult to find her mother. There was no father listed on the marriage cert in 1840.