PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth ?? (FMFMM)

Sue from Southend
08-04-11, 14:55
Name - Elizabeth Alders
Date and place of birth - unknown (see burial)
Names of parents - unknown
Date and place of baptism - unknown
Details of each of his or her marriages -
1) Jeremiah Horrigan 5 Jan 1796 St Matthew, Bethnal green, Middlesex
2) Edward Dow - 26 Jan 1805, St Dunstans Stepney, Middlesex (Elizabeth a widow, Elizabeth Horrigan)
Occupation(s) - unknown
Addresses where they lived
1806 - 1820 Essex St, Hoxton, Middlesex (from baptism records) 1831, 71 Pearson St, Shoreditch, from Settlement Exam
Not found in any census
Date, place and cause of death - see Burials
Date and place of burial. - There is a possible burial in Hoxton in 1832 but can't be sure. Would give a birth date of 1776 if correct
Details of will / administration of their estate - none found
Memorial inscription - unknown

Have recently discovered Elizabeth's Settlement Examination which confirms her marriage to Jeremiah Horrigan, Edward's death and occupation

Sue from Southend
08-04-11, 15:07
Just found a baptism for a Jeremiah Horigan 1800 to a Jeremiah and Elizabeth. Will try to find a marriage for him now.

Sue from Southend
08-04-11, 18:54
There was also an 1803 baptism for a Jemimah Horugan in Bethnal Green. And I have just found a marriage in 1821 in Islington for a Jemima Haragan where one of the witnesses was E Dow!!! Woooo Hoooo!!!

I'm so excited - I haven't looked at Elizabeth for some time and now due to this thread I might get back another generation.

Lindsay
08-04-11, 19:34
There's a baptism on FamilySearch for an Elizabeth Alders 14 Dec 1775 at Holborn (non-conformist records), parents John and Elizabeth , birth 3 Dec 1775.

Not sure how you'd prove she's yours, though!

Sue from Southend
08-04-11, 20:01
Thanks Lindsay - there's also one for an Elizabeth Alder in 1776 in St Botolph's to a Joseph and Mary. I think I may be stuck again, lol but at least I can give Elizabeth a maiden name. I shall keep looking though.