PDA

View Full Version : Mary Firth FMFMM [43]

Olde Crone
08-04-11, 10:58
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Mary Firth

[/COLOR
Date and place of birth
[COLOR="darkred"]c 1796 Kirkheaton, Yorks (informed guess)

Names of parents
Not known

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
Not known

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
To William Riddell on 5 October 1819 at Manchester St John

Occupation(s) - if any
N/A

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 with husband and children at Henry St, Ancoats Manchester.

Date, place and cause of death
1844 Ancoats - certificate not yet obtained

Date and place of burial.
Not known

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Not known

Memorial inscription - if any
Not known

CLUES _ after Mary's death in 1844, her husband and a daughter are lodgers with a John Firth, bc 1790, Kirkheaton. Although the riddells are given as lodgers, I wondered if John Firth might be Mary's brother.Mary and her husband call one son Robert - there is a Mary Firth baptised to a Robert Firth in Kirkheaton, but Mary's husband has a brother also called Robert, so I daren't assume that Robert Firth is Mary's father.

Merry
08-04-11, 12:26
As well as there being a bap for Mary, dau of Robert, there is also a bap for John, son of Robert - 12th Jul 1789 at Kirkheaton.

kiterunner
08-04-11, 16:55
Her age is 50 on the death registration, according to Lancashire BMD, so she should be born about 1793-4 if that's correct. And the baptism is 1794, so it looks good.

Olde Crone
08-04-11, 19:24
Yes, I tend to go with Robert Firth for the father but have hesitated because there is also a Robert in her husband's family!

How did I miss the bap of John - thanks Merry!

OC