PDA

View Full Version : Help

maggie_4_7
03-04-11, 11:33
I know this is a tall order for anyone and although I have used Adobe Photoshop some years was only a novice then and still am. If there isn't any chance that anyone could do anything I understand. :)

Could anyone use any tools on this to enhance this name it is off a gravestone - I have tried turning it into a negative and all sorts but someone may know how to enhance it slightly so we can read it perhaps.

If not can anyone suggest what we can do to make it more visible on when we next go i.e. charcoal rubbing or there was something I read somewhere about using talcum powder :confused: I supposed we could clean the stone but I don't want to damage it anymore and the vicar might not like us getting our a cleaning stuff in his graveyard.

I have only cropped the name well what I think is the name

This is the complete stone

Kit
04-04-11, 03:07
Maggie I can't help on the technical details but when I looked at the name only I thought it might have been Jonathan. It wasn't until after that I realised you thought it might be for a Jonathan.

peppie
04-04-11, 19:16
Played with it in picassa and turned it black and white it does look like Jonathan Ke......

brenmac
04-05-11, 18:31
if you rub white chalk over the writing it should help...brenda xxx

Rachel
05-05-11, 07:35
These are far to small to enlarge

You need to scan at either 600 DPI, or 300 with the scale at 100% or more

I'd suggest asking on Rootschat

http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php/board,298.0.html

I did look at this the other week ~ you have a better scan on here somewhere ~ but was still unable to read it

maggie_4_7
05-05-11, 19:39
They weren't scanned images otherwise I would have scanned them in at 300 dpi or even 600 if my RAM could take it they were photos I took on my digital camera that I downloaded.

The better scan was one of the photos that I'd changed the exposure on in photoshop.

They are fairly large I just made them small to load on here.

borobabs
05-05-11, 19:45
Maggie pick the largest hink its 1meg in uplohotobucket and upload them again maybe then Rachel might be able to do something with them ,,

maggie_4_7
05-05-11, 19:48
Okay
I don't really like uploading too many personal photos on the internet I don't actually have a photobucket account.

borobabs
05-05-11, 19:57
Maggie send them to me if you want and I will add them later on for you;;;

maggie_4_7
05-05-11, 20:08
Okay Babs I will do but not tonight though only been in for an hour need to relax back at work early tomorrow. Can I do it tomorrow? I will email you them.

borobabs
05-05-11, 20:10
Ok dear dont send them ones, send your originals so I can upload as large as I can for them

maggie_4_7
05-05-11, 20:10
Ok dear dont send them ones, send your originals so I can upload as large as I can for them

Okay will do.