PDA

View Full Version : Worcestershire parish records?

Merry
29-03-11, 06:20
Research for a friend, so nothing to add to BK6

Is Worcestershire one of those places poorly covered by online records?

I've been trying to find the following, but in doing so realised I'm not finding anything much at all:

Marriage of William Ryall to Sarah X about 1830. She was b about 1810 in Grimley, Worcestershire. First known child b Grimley 1831.

Burial of William Ryall before 1841 and probably before 1837, probably in Grimley. Last known child b 1833.

Marriage of Joseph Forsbrook to Mary Ann X. They were born born about 1796. All their children seem to have been born in Bewdley Worcs which was Joseph's birth parish, though Mary Ann was from Bromyard, Herefordshire. First child may have been bap in 1819 though this is a vague submitted record.

I am taking my car to the garage today and may be out for hours, so I'm not deliberately ignoring any replies. :o

borobabs
29-03-11, 06:29
Merry yes I found that , but Daphne lives there in county and Im sure she would do as look up if you asked her ;;

Durham Lady
29-03-11, 06:35
Merry, do you want me to go into the History Centre to have a look for them?

anne fraser
29-03-11, 08:55
I find parish mouse covers a lot of Gloucestershire and Worcestshire. http://www.parishmouse.com/worcestershire-index/

Merry
29-03-11, 13:17
Anne, thanks for the link - any tips on how to search on there? (I found it a bit confusing :o)

Daphne, that would be really kind of you, but I don't want you trawling anything on my behalf, so only if the stuff is indexed and only if you are going in anyway!

Durham Lady
29-03-11, 15:00
Have sent a PM Merry :)

scuda
29-03-11, 15:30
Merry, This is mainly baptisms, but it might be of some help: http://www.fhs-online.co.uk/databases.php You must register, and it's pay per view but careful searching can yield useful info.

scuda

Merry
29-03-11, 16:29
Thank you scuda for that link (I'll take a closer look after dinner!) and thank Daphne for your pms :)