HarrysMum
25-03-11, 07:08
Name - "official" name and what they were known as
Mary Ann Skinner

Date and place of birth
probably Somerset, England.

Names of parents

Date and place of baptism - if applicable
5th Feb 1769, Chipstable, Somerset. Given on some trees but I find it hard to believe.

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any
John Nation 5th July 1804, Broomfield, Somerset.

Occupation(s) - if any
Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
Date, place and cause of death
Date and place of burial.
Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable
Memorial inscription - if any

kiterunner
25-03-11, 10:36
Annoyingly enough, none of the online transcriptions of the Broomfield marriages give a full transcription including previous marital status, parish of residence, names of witnesses etc.

Though looking at one of your other threads, am I right in thinking that you're not sure whether Mary Ann Skinner is the right person anyway?

HarrysMum
25-03-11, 18:49
I'm fairly sure as her first child (who is the proven brother of my gg grandfather, John Nation) has the second name Skinner.

tenterfieldjulie
26-03-11, 05:46
John and Sarah Sloman were living near Broomfield when Charles was born in 1847. A cousin was preparing a speech for our reunion which was going to include a reference to the 1000 year old yew tree in the church yard. He was not amused when I said "Sorry I 've found Charles' baptism at Enmore.. and John and Sarah were married at Nether Stowey". Maybe you can use it in your story Lib lol