PDA

View Full Version : jane elizabeth palmer

Rhino
24-03-11, 12:05
I am trying to trace my grandmother Jane Elizabeth Palmer. She was born in 1890/1 at Hampton Maisey Wilts. She had an illegitamate child born in 1912.She gave her address as North View Purton.This was a workhouse but later in 1912 became a mental institution.The child was my father Harold Richard Ayres Palmer. My question is what happened to her? Did she marry? where and when did she die?

kiterunner
24-03-11, 12:33
There's a birth registration Sep 1890 Cirencester district, if that's any help.

Don't know whether you have already found her on the 1911 census, but there is a Jane Palmer age 22 born "Gloucestershire Maisly Hampton" (according to the index; I haven't viewed the image) at Witney, Oxfordshire. No other Palmers with her. She is servant to Henry Ravenor age 45 and Kate Ravenor age 39. Of course this doesn't show what happened to her but it might come in useful somehow.

kiterunner
24-03-11, 12:50
On the 1901 census there is a Jane Palmer age 10 born Gloucestershire Maiseyhampton and living at Maiseyhampton, Gloucestershire, parents John and Sarah (and on the 1891 census she is Jane E Palmer age 9 months). Maiseyhampton was in Cirencester district so I think that birth reg Sep 1890 will be her. If she lived long enough for her date of birth to be on the GRO death index (i.e. 1969 or later) then her birth certificate would be very useful as it would give you an exact date of birth to search for on the death index.

Ammanda Schutz
24-03-11, 12:54
Is this her in 1901?

1901 England Census
about Jane Palmer
Name: Jane Palmer
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1891
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: John Palmer
Mother's Name: Sarah Palmer
Where born: Maisey Hampton, Gloucestershire, England

Civil parish: Maisey Hampton
Ecclesiastical parish: Maisey Hampton
Town: Maisey Hampton
County/Island: Gloucestershire

Street Address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status:

View image

Registration district: Cirencester
Sub-registration district: Fairford
ED, institution, or vessel: 10
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 63
Household Members:
Name Age
John Palmer 50
Sarah Palmer 46
George Palmer 13
Jane Palmer 10
Alfred Garlick 19

View
Original
Record

View original image
V

Ammanda Schutz
24-03-11, 12:55
Snap!

Langley Vale Sue
24-03-11, 13:32
There is a tree on Ancestry (Palmer/Flowers Family Tree) which has Jane listed with parents John & Sarah Jane (Poole) Palmer. It also lists a daughter for Jane, Annie Ellen Winnifred Palmer (father unknown) born 1908 in Romford, Essex, died 1983 in Portsmouth, Hampshire.

http://trees.ancestry.co.uk/tree/22153482/person/1193127383

Merry
25-03-11, 06:22
The daughter is with her Palmer grandparents in 1911. The record says she was b in Barking, Essex.

I think it will be almost impossible to trace Jane Elizabeth after 1911 without either some prior knowledge about what happened to her, or her birth cert along with the hope that she stayed in this country and died after 1969 with the correct date of birth on her death registration.