PDA

View Full Version : The Royal Irish Constabulary

Tilly Mint
21-03-11, 20:10
I have been advised, my gggrandfather (Martin Ansboro) looks to have been born in Claremorris Mayo Ireland......the Ansboro's where at one time (so i'm told) the Ansbro's.

His son my ggrandfather (Augustine) was born in Roscrea Tipperary Ireland, he looks to be the only Ansboro born there.

I have been advised a child was often born in a different town in Ireland when the father was in the police......

I can see on Ancestry a "Ireland, The Royal Irish Constabulary 1816-1921" for a Martin Ansbro, i reckon he will have been born around the 1830s?

Can you have a look for me and see if it "tally's" up with the info i have given.....

PS, i'm not being rude if i don't reply, i need to have my bath before i go to bed - i'm up at 5...

Langley Vale Sue
22-03-11, 06:47
There are two records for Martin Ansbro, but both appear to have the same info apart from the film numbers.

Name: Ansbro Martin
Birth Date/Age: 22
Birthplace: Mayo
Marriage or Comments: Y
Film #: 2090
Page #: 109
Year: 1898

and

Name: Ansbro Martin
Birth Date/Age: 22
Birthplace: Mayo
Marriage or Comments: Y
Enlisted: 1898
Film #: 852090
Page #: 109

Presumably that makes him born about 1876 if I'm reading it right.

Tilly Mint
22-03-11, 16:42
Sue, thank you for looking for me;)....i wonder if this is his son....the birthplace being the same. I am waiting for a researcher to get back to me, he contacted me last night and asked me to email him as he has some info for me....he's an Ansboro:)

Thanks again!

Tilly Mint
23-03-11, 17:54
Sue, that info you kindly found for me made me think of something, and i put a request out on a Irish site.....i had an email from a researcher who's cousin was Parish Priest (until 2 yrs ago) in the church were my ggrandfather was Christened. I have the address and info now to contact the church, the priest (i believe) is really helpful and will help me out as much as he can:):)

The researcher has also found lots of info for me too....i'm overwhelmed by her keenness to help......

So, thanks again for your help, Sue, after my years of searching, you have helped me to break one of my brick walls down !!:)

Langley Vale Sue
24-03-11, 08:30
Glad to be of help Jacky :)

I often find that a seemingly unrelated bit of info kick-starts a completely new direction of research.

Now if I could just find where my GGGG grandfather George Tivers was born.............................LOL:D:D One day he'll show me :rolleyes: