PDA

View Full Version : George Ware, Death at Amersham

tenterfieldjulie
04-03-11, 10:20
George Ware's death was registered in the Amersham District. Unfortunately there are two registrations to choose from: -
George Ware - District Amersham - Mar 1844 - Vol 6 Page 275 and
George Ware - District Amersham - Dec 1846 - Vol 6 Page 253.
George was born 1781 and was a Baptist and would have been buried at Chesham Bois.
Is there anyway online that I can find any further information that will enable me to ascertain which one is my ancestor.
I have unable to find a will although we believe he owned a farm. It is possible that the farm belonged to his 2nd wife's 1st husband. After his death, the farm belonged to Catherine Ware, formerly Abbey, Nee Horwood.
Thank you.

HarrysMum
04-03-11, 10:42
He's not on the Non-Con burial register....just looked again.

Merry
04-03-11, 11:05
In 1841 there are two George Wares living in Amersham district. One is yours and the other is living in Chalfont St Giles (b 1796).

As I can't find either of them in 1851 I'm thinking one died 1844 and the other 1846. Now, Chesham Bois isn't covered by the NBI for the right date, but Chalfont St Giles has burials up to 1848 available, so maybe if someone can eliminate the other guy............

Sadly, I don't have version 3 of the NBI :(

Merry
04-03-11, 11:40
Oops, the other George IS still alive in 1851 (he had moved!). Still, it just might be that one of those George's who died can be picked up from the NBI if they died in a place covered by it.

tenterfieldjulie
04-03-11, 22:13
Thanks for looking ladies. I still can't understand why he didn't leave a will. He had a farm in 1841 Census, his wife had the farm in 1851. Surely there was a will. He should be called B... Ware..

HarrysMum
05-03-11, 00:55
Julie.....did you know Rupert Murdoch's ggg grandfather was Jeremiah Ware b 1793 Chesham...and his gg grandfather was Jeremiah George Ware...

You might be rellies........

***I am just full of useless info today***

tenterfieldjulie
05-03-11, 03:50
That is a scream Libby. I will have to email my sister's husband who thinks he is related to royalty...
Where did you find that information?

ElizabethHerts
05-03-11, 06:41
Thanks for looking ladies. I still can't understand why he didn't leave a will. He had a farm in 1841 Census, his wife had the farm in 1851. Surely there was a will. He should be called B... Ware..

Julie, you said "he had a farm", but did he own it? He could have been a tenant farmer, as was my ancestor Joseph Jeffcoat who farmed at Upper Winchendon in Buckinghamshire.
(However, he did leave a will, which doesn't help you!)

Joan of Archives
05-03-11, 12:11
The Centre for Buckinghamshire Studies have a searchable database for their wills, no sign of him there but you may like to bookmark the page for future reference: https://apps2.buckscc.gov.uk/eCommerce/process/product/ProductDetailedDescription.aspx

You could ask Oakum Picker in our lookup section, Glen is extremely helpful in searching for things there, may be worth a try!

Merry
05-03-11, 12:56
How come Elizabeth didn't have a look when she popped in? :o She has version 3!!!

Olde Crone
05-03-11, 14:52
Most of my farmers DID leave Wills, but they never mentioned the farm! The farm would be passed on by some other legal method, not by Will.

It sounds to me as if the farm was passed to his wife on her first husband's death anyway and therefore wouldn't be part of any will of the deceased.

OC

ElizabethHerts
05-03-11, 15:52
How come Elizabeth didn't have a look when she popped in? :o She has version 3!!!

Oops, I couldn't have read the thread thoroughly enough!

However, I think I might have looked for this before as I have looked for Julie for other Wares.

I'm afraid he isn't there.:(

Merry
05-03-11, 20:01
And the 'other' one wasn't represented either? (we guessed Julie's George wouldn't be there, but I had hoped the other one might be)

tenterfieldjulie
05-03-11, 20:23
I have had wonderful look up help from Glen and also Elizabeth at Herts with my Wares. I am having a glitch at the moment in purchasing two wills from Bucks, John and Nathaniel, George's father. I have an email and a gmail address and when I went to purchase the wills I put in the gmail as I usually do, when I went to pay it popped up that my email address was wrong. Somehow the gmail is tagged to my username and I can't correct it. I have emailed Bucks County Council and they have passed on my message to the outside provider who handles the wills. Thanks everyone for your interest and help. I was just hoping that there may have been a simple answer. I'll contact Glen and see what she suggests.

Joan of Archives
05-03-11, 22:06
The Centre for Buckinghamshire studies do hold some very old documents which often detail the passing of property from one person to another without involving wills, I found several of mine that way. I can't remember what they are called sorry I blame my age :o However I am sure Glen is more with it than I am & will know what I mean. I found mine from maps etc that showed who owned what land, there are books with lists of their names etc, & what their plot was worth. If I remember what they are called I will let you know. :)

tenterfieldjulie
06-03-11, 01:27
Thanks Joanie I will look into it. I am very chuffed with what has been found by Glen and Elizabeth in Herts. My Wares lived on the border of Bucks (Chesham) and Herts (Berkhamsted) and seemed to move back and forwards over the centuries. Not sure if you went far enough back if they could be connected to the place called Ware. All really fascinating.