PDA

View Full Version : Margaret Harrison

Langley Vale Sue
25-02-11, 09:41
MFFFM

Name - "official" name and what they were known as – Margaret Harrison

Date and place of birth – abt 1815, Honduras, West Indies (according to censuses)

Names of parents – John Harrison and unknown

Date and place of baptism - unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages –
1) George Gideon Gustavus Tivers, 17 July 1836, St Annes, Soho, London (widowed 17 August 1838)
2) Arthur Henry Colburn, 7 August 1844, The Independent Chapel, Winchester, Hampshire

Occupation(s) – Nurse (1871)

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).
1841 – not found, but possibly living in Hersham, Surrey with her son Charles George Tivers & her brother-in-law Charles Cleveland Carter Tivers and his family. 1841 census for Hersham is missing! Charles George lived with his uncle in Hersham after his mother's 2nd marriage
1851 – 6 High Street, St Maurice, Winchester, Hampshire
1861 – 6 High Street, St Maurice, Winchester, Hampshire
1871 – 1 St John’s Hospital North, High Street, Winchester, Hampshire
1881 – Baker Street, Weybridge, Surrey
1891 – Baker Street, Weybridge, Surrey

Date, place and cause of death – probably Dec qtr 1892, Weybridge, Surrey. Cause unknown.

Date and place of burial - unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - unknown

Memorial inscription - unknown

tenterfieldjulie
25-02-11, 10:03
Sue some of the places in the West Indies are on FamilySearch.

kiterunner
25-02-11, 12:54
What's her father's occupation on her second marriage certificate?

Langley Vale Sue
25-02-11, 13:56
I haven't got it to hand at the moment Kite, but from memory I think he was a cabinet maker.

Update: I just found an old posting of mine on another forum and John Harrison was listed as a Cabinet Maker on Margaret's 2nd marriage certificate..