PDA

View Full Version : Samuel Lakin (FMMMF)

Merry
18-02-11, 09:02
Name - "official" name and what they were known as

Samuel Lakin

Date and place of birth

Unknown

Names of parents

Unknown

Date and place of baptism - if applicable

Unknown

Details of each of his or her marriages - if any

To Elizabeth before 1807.

Occupation(s) - if any

Unknown

Addresses where they lived (including county if in UK) - and please list which censuses you have or haven't found him/her on (if s/he lived in census times!).

Unknown

Date, place and cause of death

Unknown

Date and place of burial.

Unknown

Details of will / administration of their estate - if applicable

Unknown

Memorial inscription - if any

Unknown

Samuel Lakin is the father of Hannah Lakin who was baptised 7th Dec 1807 in Alrewas, Staffordshire.

Other children who may belong to the same couple are Thomas bap 1795 and Mary bap 1800. There's a 70-year old Elizabeth Lakin on the 1841 census who could perhaps be Samuel's widow, but she is of independent means and has two servants, which may make her someone else!

kiterunner
18-02-11, 10:18
Have you seen this?
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~brett/wills/will_egough1815.htm

Mentions some Lakins at Alrewas in 1807, but no Joseph.

Edit: Kate's not crazy - Merry posted the wrong name and has now changed it - name should be Samuel!!

Merry
18-02-11, 11:52
Oooh, that's interesting, because................guess what??????????

kiterunner
18-02-11, 14:08
Um, Elizabeth Gough nee Froggatt is in your tree?

Merry
18-02-11, 14:43
No....................

I posted up the wrong first name, so it's Samuel I'm looking for!!

I will change the thread title now :cool:

kiterunner
18-02-11, 16:33
Good job I didn't waste ages searching around the internet for Joseph Lakin of Alrewas! :rolleyes:

kiterunner
18-02-11, 16:54
Hmm, there are some Lakin MI's from Alrewas on here, including a Samuel but he looks too old to be yours:
http://www.wishful-thinking.org.uk/genuki/STS/Alrewas/MIs.html

Could be related, though.

kiterunner
18-02-11, 16:56
And another will that mentions Samuel Lakin - Sarah Smith 1794 on page 4 of this document:
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~smithysgenealogy/pdf_files/P_S_STAFFORDSHIRE.pdf
Also gives us another place name to look for, Fradley.

Edit - oh, except of course it might not be your Samuel. I suppose if you could get the full will it might be easier to figure it out.

kiterunner
18-02-11, 17:21
There's a Samuel Lakin baptism on FamilySearch 11 Nov 1759 at All Saints, Alrewas, parents Thomas and Hannah.
Oh, and another 25 Jul 1768 same place, parents Samuel and Margaret.

Merry
18-02-11, 19:13
They are like buses!

Thank you for looking though.....I will investiage those wills etc. What I need is for MY Samuel to have written a will :rolleyes:

Margaret in Burton
19-02-11, 08:06
Alrewas and Fradley are next door to each other. Another place very close is Wychnor. Barton under Needwood not too far up the road either. All only a few miles from me. I would imagine most of the records will be at Lichfield Record Office.

If you want to email Burton Library to see if they have anything on fiche or film, it's possible, I don't mind looking for stuff.

Merry
20-02-11, 07:49
Thanks Marg :)