PDA

View Full Version : James Jones (FMMFF)

Sue from Southend
04-02-11, 13:56
Name - James Jones
Date and place of birth - possibly 6 Feb 1800, Bishopsgate
Names of parents - possibly Jesse Jones and Grace Muirhead
Date and place of baptism - possibly 12 Mar 1800, St Botolph's Bishopsgate
Details of each of his or her marriages - Possibly/probably Mary Ann Collingwood, 24 May 1825, St Leonard's, Shoreditch, Middlesex
Occupation(s) - Upholsterer
Addresses where they lived
1829 - Worship St, Shoreditch, Middlesex
1841 - Willow Walk, Shoreditch, Middlesex
1851 - Not found
1861 - Beckford Sq, St Luke's, Middlesex
Date, place and cause of death - not found
Date and place of burial -
Details of will / administration of their estate -
Memorial inscription -

Sue from Southend
04-02-11, 14:05
There are of course a lot of possible James Jones to choose from! I've picked this one as likely purely because he gives his date and place of birth in 1861 as Bishopsgate, 1800.

Likewise with the marriage there are two possibles (although the other one is after the birth of their first child) but again 1861 Mary Ann gives her date and place of birth as Bishopsgate 1800 and there is a possible baptism for Mary Ann Collingwood but not for the the bride in the other marriage who's name escapes me at present!

I welcome all suggestions for alternatives for both the above facts if they can be proved, lol!!

kiterunner
04-02-11, 14:10
Did they have any children whose births were registered so that you could confirm the mother's maiden name?

Sue from Southend
04-02-11, 14:29
The only children I've found were born in 1826 and 1829. In 1841 only the elder child, James, my 2 x gt grandfather, is with them so I suspect that the other had died. If I could find them in 1851 I might be able to pin down whether there were any other children.